Sunday, March 15, 2015

Here it all begins!

Hello! :)

Alright, this is my first blog. I'm not very familiar with blogs so forgive me if I'm a bit lost every now and then!

What is the reason of this blog you may ask, or you may not. Well, my name is Jesse Makkonen, indie game developer from Finland. I'm working with my second game called The Human Gallery, and I thought I'll start a blog where I can give updates about the development and how it is like.

My first game is called Silence of the Sleep which I released on Steam some months ago, in case you were wondering.

The Human Gallery is a psychological horror game for PC which I aim to release on Steam 2016, so a long way ahead of us. Here is hoping it will be a pleasant one. :)

Right, I'm trying to keep my posts short and easily readable. It is extremely time consuming to create video games, especially for one man band, but I'll do my best to write here every now and then.

You can expect updates about my development methods, like audio work, composing music, producing graphics etc. I'll try to post some images as well to give a better idea how things are going. I'm still considering doing a small "Making of" Youtube series, but I'll see how that goes later. As I said, I have only so much time.

What else... I'm about to announce The Human Gallery any moment now, my checklist is as long as winters in Finland. I've been working with announcement teaser, homepage, creating Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Gmail, this blog, writing descriptions about the game, taking screenshots, writing for the press... etc. All at once, no wonder I need checklist! O_O

I guess that sums it up, hopefully someone catches my blog and finds it fun to read or maybe even useful.

Oh yeah feel free to comment or ask about stuff and I'll do my best to answer asap!

Cheers!

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment