Monday, April 13, 2015

Preparing for Steam Greenlight - Part 2

Hello! :)


Alright, I've been polishing and fixing the press demo. I've been working with additional sounds, graphics and, well, everything that are needed in the demo. There are still a few things I need to do but I feel pretty confident it won't take too long. Everything looks good, by the end of this month I could list my game to Steam Greenlight. That is exciting but something I can't wait to do as that's when I will share the longer gameplay footage of the game. Yaikes!

Huh well that does not sound too bad, right...?

BUT!
Ah, the famous but.

Well, I still don't know what to do with the voice acting. My head is about to explode. I've been thinking it around and around. It would be ideal to hire someone, but it is quite expensive and honestly I don't think I want a publisher. Freedom is one of the greatest things of being indie! Crowdfunding... well, it would take a HUGE amount of time, really! I already feel like I don't have enough time so all the "extra", well it just won't cut. Not now at least.

But the Greenlight is approaching and I would be a fool to wait much longer. I need to make decisions. I've been trying to figure all the good and the bad sides of each of the possible solutions and at the moment finding volunteers, people that are trying to bounce to industry feels like my best bet.

In ideal situation I'd hire people. Now I can't pull it off. But that does not mean finding volunteers are necessarily a bad thing. Heck, I can only imagine how hard it is to build a name. So it could be a win/win situation. I've faith in The Human Gallery, who knows how far it can get? It could act as an outstanding showcase for your future work. Only downside is finding the right people but let's see how that goes!

This is the important bit!

I've created a small info/apply page. You can find the page HERE!

Okay, I'm not too fond of long posts so I will leave this as it is. Next time around I'll try to share something that is more interesting to read! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment